Saturday, August 17, 2019

Twitter haikus

August 13, 2014

The afternoon sun
Sings a song and I hear it.
I long to just be.

The world is rushing.
Busyness and rushing and...
Why can't we just be?

+++

Brevity is nice.
Sugar and spice and concise.
It's the soul of wit...

I like the haiku
Because it forces me to
Decide what to say.

+++

Anonymity:
It is driving us apart,
Even in a crowd.

I am guilty too,
But I strive to be better.
Love those around you.

August 16, 2014

Ting of the banjo
My world, it seems new today
Fall breeze on my mind

Your warmth, refreshing
I think about your smile
Peaceful, I wonder

August 24, 2014

Pondering her life,
She dreams of new adventures
Which have yet to be.

A chance to be new...
Opportunity awaits
Just beyond her fears.

+++

Feeling somehow new,
God is real guiding me.
He dares me to move.

August 25, 2014

O hey, Twitterverse
I'd like to write you a verse
Facebook fasts are fun.

Old heartaches made new.
History rhymes, doesn't it?
A funny ol' world.

I yell needtobreathe.
I breathe smiles and drive fast.
Interstate of mind.

My eyes on the goal,
God, my face is set like flint.
Feet, don't fail me now.

Praise God for good friends
And a place to run home to
Over the big bay.

Summer rain, rain, rain
Eases pain and washes clean
My saltwater heart.

Watching the lightning,
Clouds racing across the sky.
Porch-sitting rainstorm.

+++

Late night Tim Hortons,
Sweatpants in the library,
Jazzman's paninis

St. Pete's on Sunday
Yogurt-covered pretzel snacks
Pittsburgh adventures

Robinson for Moe's
Wand'ring around IKEA
Swedish fish for Trey

Elen's for my breaks,
Holy professors and snow,
God is present there

I hated the snow
Yet I kinda still miss it.
K, maybe I don't.

Off and on my own,
Homesick but becoming me.
Learning some lessons.

What a strange feeling.
Nostalgia isn't quite it.
I want to go back.

August 26, 2014

Friendship is funny.
Love, dear, is stranger than that.
Not feeling but choice.

+++

Go go run run run.
My adrenaline pumping.
Make me who I am.

Transformation Tues.
That's what's happening today.
Dormant grace wakes up.


August 28, 2014

Your eyes were so blue.
I hadn't noticed before.
They matched your blue shirt.

September 1, 2014

The future is bright!
A mystery, adventure!
Will you be there too?

September 6, 2014

Fried shrimp and sushi,
Moonlight walks down by the bay,
Caribe jazz and home.

September 7, 2014

The weekend flies fast,
But I need more time to think,
More time to just be.

Vanity, O vanity!
Everything is vanity!
O God, you teach me.

September 24, 2014

A classy black dress
"Cultural experience"
Let's discuss the art

Symphonies and books,
Paintings and plays and a drink.
Smiling and lovely.

I was wearing pearls.
The building was beautiful.
You told me I was.

Let's go exploring.
Churches built when art was real
Stand tall and pointing.

One day you'll be here,
And all the past will be gone
The world will be new

October 2, 2014

Waltzing and waltzing
Round and round the spinning room.
No one here but you.

October 4, 2014

Wind chimes are chiming,
Cool breeze blows across blue skies.
Those Roman Street jams.

A breath of fresh air,
Fall is finally here on
Saturday morning.

October 5, 2014

Some days you wake up,
And the sky is clear and blue;
The world is alright.

The station is Swing.
A smile and kick in my step;
The world on a string.

October 8, 2014

Why is the bed soft
And why are the blankets warm
At 6:22?

Surely it should be
Crimes against humanity
To rise this early.

December 19, 2014

Rain and the heartbreak
Come 'round every now and then.
Jon Foreman tunes help.

December 25, 2014

Human and divine,
He's not a God of boxes.
Oh the irony.

January 26, 2015

Praise God, my Mem'ry.
I so often forget You.
So, You remind me.

February 2, 2015

Rising 'fore the sun
Feels like we're jumping the gun.
Unnatural, no?

November 21, 2018

Oh, twitter exists.
I had almost forgotten.
So here's a haiku.

January 31, 2019

St. John Bosco says,
"Reason, religion, kindness."
Would that we'd listen.

Truth and Love cannot
Be separated because
God's not divided.

February 2, 2019

Sunshine and blue skies,
Coffee and podcasts galore:
Saturday morning.

+++

God is Truth and Light.
There is no darkness in Him.
Superstition, cease!

True faith seeks the Truth
Because love seeks to know
The belov'd's nature.

Never stop learning.
Truth for Truth's sake is the way.
Learn because you love.

(Inspired by the Clerically Speaking podcast)

February 3, 2019

Super bowl was dumb.
O idols, fall down quickly!
Yes, we don't need you.

America dies
In strange ways looking for joy;
The Saints have more fun.

February 9, 2019

I'm not owed a thing.
What I'm given is a gift.
Praise then, soul! And love!

+++

Heaven, so hidden,
but I have seen You before
in glimpses of Fire.

+++

Love never slumbers.
Upon his terrible face,
A secret smile.

February 10, 2019

Grey skies in winter,
Rife with anticipation:
Spring is coming soon.

Difficult waiting,
But Hope, she knows the promise.
He'll make good on it.

February 26, 2019

Lo! The joyous cry!
Brass... and beads and moonpies fly.
Behold! Lent is nigh.

May 5, 2019

Big, billowy clouds
Sailing in the summer sky.
Turn up the sunshine!

May 16, 2019

Safety in wombs, boats.
But earth's thy ship, says Therese.
Heaven's arrival.

May 26, 2019

Evergreen branches,
Misty mountaintops great us.
Seattle, hello.

June 23, 2019

Redwood cathedrals,
Aspen chapels stretch skyward,
All singing Your Name.

+++

Your heart spoke to mine.
Humility is beauty
I cannot forget.

August 4, 2019

Broken hearts and souls
need the tender gaze of God,
broken for their sake.

Unless I know mine,
I cannot see nor be salve.
Come, Holy Spirit.











No comments:

Post a Comment